Robert J. Kenney, Jr.
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5251||f. +1.917.332.3796|
Robert J. Kenney Jr. concentrates his practice in corporate litigation. He has handled a variety of complex matters in state and federal courts, various dispute resolution organizations, and appellate courts across the country.
Mr. Kenney also has an established practice in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on contract disputes, intellectual property, international law, and telecommunications law.
He is a frequent lecturer, and has written several published articles and case notes.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Kenney served as a trial attorney in the United States Marine Corps and thereafter developed his civil litigation practice.
- Successfully moved, based on venue provision, for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction that forced Dutch affiliate of French chemicals company to withdraw action in the Netherlands against Dutch affiliate of US chemicals company. Win led to favorable settlement of New York action.
- Defeated motion for preliminary injunction to enjoin the sale of iconic Manhattan property on deal valued at $1.3 BB; deal closed the next day; successfully moved to dismiss action, with attorneys' fees, and defeated appeal.
- Successful action to retain the deposit on a $23 MM real-estate transaction. After defeating a lis pendens and a motion to intervene, won summary judgment and release of the deposit.
- Successful action to retain the deposit on a $13.5 MM real-estate transaction. Won summary judgment and release of the deposit.
- Successfully settled claims for corporate theft, theft of intellectual property, and fraud for developer of DNA sequencer and analyzer.
- After short trial, defeated preliminary injunction seeking to prevent commercial landlord from renting space to another commercial tenant based on an exclusivity clause.
- Successfully settled $37M in director-and-officer claims by hedge funds.
- Successfully recovered a solar energy company’s foreign bank deposits of $8.5M.
- Defeated a 12(b)(6) motion in action on a creditor's $100M in claims in relation to the sale of the company; successfully settled the claims through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Argued a successful appeal seeking summary judgment for a bank in a mortgage/deed action.
- Enforced a non-disclosure agreement for a video interpretation company.
- Successfully settled claims for a banking consumer against a bank for the wrongful transfer of funds.
- Argued a successful motion for a protective order and sealing of an attorney-client privileged document.
- Obtained a subrogation settlement after a fire destroyed the property of a national retail company.
- Won a transfer motion of a class action against a cosmetics company; the court transferred the case to Utah.
- Defended cosmetic and supplement companies on false advertising, civil RICO, and fraud claims.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Kenney is a board member of The Salvation Army, Greater New York Division; a committee member of the New York Leatherneck Scholarship Ball, Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation; a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Federal and Commercial Section committee; and has worked with the H.E.L.P. and Sanctuary for Families pro bono organizations.