|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5215||f. +1.917.332.3025|
Rither Alabre concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar defense and investigations and complex commercial and corporate litigation, handling high profile cases in federal and state courts.
Mr. Alabre regularly counsels and represents companies and high level executives in investigations by United States Attorneys’ offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), state prosecutors and other regulatory agencies. He has conducted numerous internal investigations on behalf of large public and private companies in the financial services, energy, construction, and paper industries.
Mr. Alabre also has extensive appellate experience and has briefed and argued over 50 cases in federal and state courts, including the New York Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Alabre served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kenneth M. Hoyt in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (Houston Division). Mr. Alabre was also a prosecutor in New York City. As a prosecutor, Mr. Alabre was a supervisor and was responsible for search warrant applications, subpoenas, questioning of suspects, and arrest authorization in major felony cases, including homicide cases.
Mr. Alabre is fluent in French and Creole, and is proficient in Spanish.
- Representation of a multibillion-dollar public company in criminal fraud investigation by New York State authorities.
- Representation of a construction company in criminal investigation alleging enterprise corruption, fraud, bribery, and antitrust violations.
- Representation of a former CEO of public company in criminal investigation by the Kingdom of Spain and parallel extradition proceedings in the United States.
- Representation of a former CEO of public company in federal securities fraud prosecution involving more than $60 million, and parallel SEC proceedings.
- Representation of executive of multimillion-dollar construction company in fraud investigations by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
- Representation of a New York politician in federal obstruction of justice case by New York federal prosecutors.
- Representation of an attorney in federal immigration fraud case by the SDNY U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Representation of a New York politician and attorney before the Attorney Grievance Committee.
- Representation of an individual in federal and state investigations, alleging multi-million dollar offshore internet gambling operation.
- Representation of the Estate of Michael Jackson against production company in copyright infringement case in the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest energy companies in multimillion-dollar breach of contract case against New York municipality.
- Representation of a biomedical research company in claims for corporate theft, theft of intellectual property, fraud and patent infringement.
- Member of the Firm’s Madoff Task Force, representing companies and individuals affected by the failure of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Alabre is actively involved in pro bono service and recently obtained a unanimous appellate reversal of an unfavorable trial court decision on behalf of a pro bono client. Mr. Alabre has also received the Blank Rome Pro Bono Award for his service.