Nicholas R. Tambone
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5120||f. +1.917.332.3023|
Nicholas Tambone concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar criminal law and complex commercial and corporate litigation, handling high-profile cases throughout the country.
Before joining Blank Rome, Mr. Tambone served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Mr. Tambone was Managing Editor of the New York Law School Law Review and an award-winning member of the Moot Court Association. He also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Michael A. Shipp of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Representation of company CEO in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of multinational chemical companies for price fixing.
- Representation of high-level executive at international shipping company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation and prosecution of Japanese and European shipping companies for market allocation and bid rigging.
- Representation of company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of film production companies and advertising agencies for bid rigging.
- Representation of Creative Artists Agency and Frank Darabont in high-profile litigation against AMC Network in contract dispute over licensing fees involving the hit show The Walking Dead.
- Representation of Swiss coal trader in attachment of bulk cargo vessel and successful bench trial resulting in judicial sale of the vessel; representation on appeal challenging subject-matter jurisdiction, propriety of discovery sanctions, and sufficiency of evidence presented at trial, resulting in unanimous affirmance of judgment.
- Representation of owner of Manhattan office and residential complex against claims of fraud, breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and estoppel, resulting in successful pretrial dismissal of complaint; representation on appeal resulting in unanimous affirmance of judgment.
- Representation of public brand management company in actions for breach of intellectual property license agreements.
- Representation of foreign company before U.S. District Court to enforce foreign arbitral award obtained against foreign sovereign.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Tambone is actively involved in pro bono service, including:
- Pro bono representation of the City of New York as Special Assistant Corporation Counsel.
- Pro bono representation of Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence as Amicus Curiae in support of U.S. Department of State, U.S. Secretary of State, and other State Department officials on Second Amendment issues concerning the export and manufacture of 3D-printed firearms in Defense Distributed v. United States Department of State.
- Pro bono representation of nonprofit animal rescue shelter in case alleging negligence concerning injuries caused by dog adopted by new owner, resulting in successful pretrial dismissal of complaint.
- Pro bono representation before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status under provisions of the Violence Against Women Act, resulting in successful grant of permanent resident status.