Rebecca Avrutin Foley
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5301||f. +1.917.332.3099|
Rebecca Avrutin Foley is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Litigation Group in Blank Rome’s New York office. She has represented an array of corporate clients and closely-held corporations and businesses in trials before New York State and federal courts, as well as before arbitral panels. Ms. Foley focuses her practice on complex contract disputes and business torts, and has significant experience in assisting clients through each stage of the litigation process, from initiating the action or arbitration, to navigating through e-discovery and preparing for trial.
Ms. Foley assisted with the preparation of the “Enforcement of Choice of Law Clauses” chapter in Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (Thompson Reuters, 4th ed.), and has served as a contributing author to Blank Rome’s Mainbrace publication.
- Successfully recovered a percentage of transaction fees due to a former member of a private equity firm following a jury trial.
- Defended a foreign exchange dealer from claims alleged by former customers.
- Represented a doctor/inventor seeking royalty payments from a medical device company.
- Represented a global commercial finance firm in an action involving a “factoring agreement.”
- Represent a California municipality seeking to compel a government agency to complete the required CEQA environmental process.
- Represented a perfume distributor against allegations of trademark violation in a federal bench trial.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with the negotiation of separation and/or buyout agreements.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Foley’s pro bono activities include successfully obtaining Special Findings Orders in Family Court and the termination of removal proceedings in Immigration Court in Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases. She is also actively involved with The Human Trafficking Pro Bono Legal Center and the City Bar Justice Center’s Wills Clinic for Veterans.
- 2014–2017, New York “Rising Star” in Business Litigation, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.