|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5254||f. +1.917.332.3048|
Jeremy Herschaft is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (MERT).
Jeremy Herschaft concentrates his practice on all aspects of international and domestic corporate litigation and arbitration, with particular emphasis on the global maritime industry.
Mr. Herschaft counsels and represents a variety of clients in a wide range of practice areas, including:
- charter party, service contract, and other maritime contract disputes
- maritime casualties, vessel collisions, groundings, and other blue water matters
- maritime environmental law and pollution incident response
- recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards and judgments
- limitation of liability, maritime attachment (Rule B), and vessel arrest (Rule C) actions
Mr. Herschaft is a member of the Order of the Barristers, a national honorary organization that encourages effective law school oral advocacy programs. While at Tulane Law, he served on the editorial staff of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal. In 2012, Mr. Herschaft was inducted as a Proctor member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
- Regular shipboard emergency attendance during U.S. Coast Guard and Flag State maritime investigations following groundings, collisions, and oil spill pollution incidents, and representation of vessel interests in subsequent litigation.
- Representation of The Containership Company (TCC) A/S in connection with the first Chapter 15 bankruptcy recognition case under the new Danish insolvency act, including adversary proceedings against 75 NVOCC defendants.
- Representation of “responder” offshore supply vessel in defense of suit for claims of property and economic damages arising out of the Deepwater Horizon incident.
- Representation of Liberian oil tanker in connection with a major tugboat/barge collision on the Mississippi River, and resulting oil spill litigation.
- Representation of tugboat/barge flotilla in connection with a Singaporean freighter collision on the Mississippi River, and resulting litigation.
- Representation of Maltese freighter in connection with a Mississippi River wharf breakaway, and resulting litigation.
- Representation of vessel interests in incidents involving stowaway prosecution/repatriation.