Jennifer Lynn Bell
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5402||f. +1.917.332.3802|
Jennifer Bell concentrates her practice in the area of business tax law.
She counsels public and private corporations, partnerships, tax-exempt organizations, and individuals in aspects of
- private equity transactions, including structuring limited liability companies and mergers and acquisitions;
- bankruptcy reorganizations, workouts, and restructurings;
- financing arrangements, including structured finance offerings;
- real estate transactions;
- tax-free reorganizations;
- joint ventures;
- formation, operation and acquisition of Subchapter S Corporations; and
- federal, state, and local criminal and civil tax controversies, including audits, administrative appeals, and litigation.
She also counsels corporate clients and individuals regarding the taxation of the shipping industry and other maritime matters, including the taxation of U.S. and foreign entities engaged in activities on the Outer Continental Shelf, the acquisition and disposition of ships and related assets, withholding, leasing, the tonnage tax, and residency issues. Ms. Bell also advises shipping companies with respect to Section 883 of the Internal Revenue Code.
In addition, she counsels corporate clients and individuals regarding undeclared foreign bank accounts, including “FBAR” reporting obligations, and has represented numerous clients in the Internal Revenue Service’s Voluntary Disclosure Program.
Ms. Bell is the author of “Terrorist Abuse of Non-Profits and Charities: A Proactive Approach to Preventing Terrorist Financing,” which appear
Ms. Bell graduat