Sheila G. Riesel
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5535||f. +1.212.885.5002|
Sheila Riesel practices in all aspects of matrimonial law. Ms. Riesel has extensive appellate and trial experience, having argued three times in the U.S. Supreme Court and more than 60 times in both federal and state appellate courts. Additionally, Ms. Riesel has been engaged in criminal defense and professional disciplinary law since leaving the Legal Aid Society in 1977. Ms. Riesel represents clients with respect to:
- pre- and-post nuptial agreements
- separation agreements
- actions for divorce, custody, and equitable distribution
- complex valuation and custody disputes
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Riesel is a member of the 2005 Matrimonial Commissions, and the president of the alumni class of 1966 at Vassar College.
- America's Top 100 Attorneys Attending to Affluent Families, listed by Worth magazine
- AV Preeminent®, listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2005-2017, Family Law in New York, listed by Best Lawyers in America©
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.