Stuart D. Kaplan
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5599||f. +1.917.332.3765|
Stuart Kaplan advises clients on a broad range of commercial real estate issues on a national basis. He typically handles a myriad of real estate disciplines, including, major leasing and subleasing transactions, the structuring of equity investments, debt financing, real estate brokerage and property management contracts and major design and construction agreements. Mr. Kaplan has extensive experience negotiating commercial leases on behalf of institutional owners of real properties such as 5 Bryant Park, 600 Madison Avenue, 200 West Street, 1140 Avenue of the Americas, 498 Seventh Avenue, 114 West 41st Street, Worldwide Plaza (825 Eighth Avenue), and Park Avenue Tower (65 East 55th Street) and represents a wide range of public companies, private equity funds, developers and high net worth individuals.
Stuart was the Co-Chair of Blank Rome's Real Estate Department from 2004-2009, is a past Chair of the Real Property Section of the New York County Lawyers’ Association and is a published member of the American University Law Review. He is often quoted in the media on real estate issues, has appeared on WABC-TV and Bloomberg Radio and has lectured at the annual conference for the International Council for Shopping Centers.
- 500,000 square foot lease in Class A New York City office building on behalf of ownership to a Prudential Securities
- 200,000 square foot lease and 110,000 square foot lease in a Class A Jersey City, New Jersey office building on behalf of ownership to the Royal Bank of Canada and New York Life Insurance Company, respectively
- 120,000 square foot lease in Class A New York City office building on behalf of a major public software company tenant
- Repositioning and Lease-up of Retail Complexes in New York City at 5 Bryant Park, 200 West Street and 102 North End Avenue
- Ground lease on behalf of ownership of 575 Broadway, New York City
- Acquisition of a landmarks building in TriBeCa, New York City and development of a branded hotel condominium with separate retail component
- Development of a 3,750 acre residential luxury game lodge and golf resort facility in the Limpopo Province of South Africa
- Development of a 272-unit “loft-style” condominium project in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada
- Development of a 500,000 square foot mixed-use entertainment and retail complex in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Lease of 200,000 square foot office and warehouse facility for a Fortune 500 software development company