Harris N. Cogan
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5566||f. +1.917.332.3712|
CHAIR, CORPORATE LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Harris Cogan focuses his practice in the area of corporate and commercial litigation in federal and state courts. He has extensive experience advising clients in the following areas:
- securities litigation
- corporate, shareholder, and partnership disputes
- real estate litigation
- employment—discrimination, wrongful termination, confidentiality, non-compete agreements
- alternative dispute resolution
Mr. Cogan recently authored a chapter in the New York County Lawyers' Association's treatise, Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (2011).
- Publicly traded real estate investment trust in litigation involving a $1 billion merger.
- Publicly traded defense contractor in class-action securities litigation.
- Former outside director of international public corporation in shareholder litigation.
- Venture capital funds in dispute concerning capital structure of technology company.
- Financial institution in defaulted commercial real estate loans.
- Financial institution in foreclosure of loans for construction of hotel in New York City.
- Publicly traded company in dispute over a joint venture relationship.
- National food manufacturer and distributor in dispute over corporate ownership.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Cogan serves as a mediator for the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County. He served as a vice president and director of the board of Jewish Education of Greater New York.