Harris N. Cogan
Corporate Litigation Practice Group Leader
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5566||f. +1.917.332.3712|
Harris Cogan focuses his practice in the area of corporate and commercial litigation in federal and state courts. He has extensive experience advising clients in the following areas:
- securities litigation
- corporate, shareholder, and partnership disputes
- real estate litigation
- employment—discrimination, wrongful termination, confidentiality, non-compete agreements
- alternative dispute resolution
Mr. Cogan recently authored a chapter in the New York County Lawyers' Association's treatise, Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (2011).
- Publicly traded real estate investment trust in litigation involving a $1 billion merger.
- Publicly traded defense contractor in class-action securities litigation.
- Former outside director of international public corporation in shareholder litigation.
- Venture capital funds in dispute concerning capital structure of technology company.
- Financial institution in defaulted commercial real estate loans.
- Financial institution in foreclosure of loans for construction of hotel in New York City.
- Publicly traded company in dispute over a joint venture relationship.
- National food manufacturer and distributor in dispute over corporate ownership.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Cogan serves as a mediator for the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County. He served as a vice president and director of the board of Jewish Education of Greater New York.