Lauren B. Wilgus
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5348||f. +1.917.332.3068|
Lauren Wilgus is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
Lauren Wilgus concentrates her practice in the areas of international and maritime litigation and alternate dispute resolution. Ms. Wilgus represents clients in a wide variety of both domestic and international maritime, commercial, and insurance matters, including:
- charterparty disputes, including laytime/demurrage, liability for cargo damage claims, and arbitration under SMA rules
- COGSA and multi-modal cargo damage claims
- marine insurance disputes, including protection and indemnity and general commercial liability issues
- international and domestic commercial contract disputes
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Wilgus worked both as a claims adjuster at a major Japanese shipping company and as a claims executive at a P&I Club.
Chambers USA ranks Ms. Wilgus as an associate to watch in shipping litigation, and is noted by a client as being "thorough and organized" and “quick to grasp the relevant issues and facts.”
- 2013–2017, Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Litigation Law, listed in Chambers USA
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.