F. Humera Ahmed
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5360||f. +1.917.332.3722|
Humera Ahmed concentrates her practice in the area of general financial services, with a particular focus on asset-based financing and secured transactions. She serves a wide range of clients, including banks, commercial finance companies and other institutional lenders, along with publicly and privately held corporations.
While in law school, Ms. Ahmed served as an editor for the Rutgers Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Executive Board. Prior to entering private practice, she worked as an intern at the New York Attorney General's Office.
- represented lender in a $360 million term loan secured by six (6) LPG vessels flagged in Singapore.
- represented a major U.S. shipping company in connection with the acquisition of three (3) U.S.-flagged vessels for the purchase price of $90 million financed by two hedge funds.
- represented agent and bank syndicate in a $12.5 million revolving and term loan credit facility in conjunction with the acquisition of a company that designs and manufactures optical lens technologies.
- represented a major U.S. shipping company in an extension of a $770 million credit facility with a French bank, secured by ten (10) U.S.-flagged vessels
- represented the placement agent in a private placement issuance of $25 million of notes secured by royalties from medical devices.
- represented second lien lender in a $5 million term loan to a California newspaper publisher.