Ann Blair Laupheimer
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5758||f. +1.215.832.5758|
Ann Laupheimer concentrates her practice on corporate litigation, including:
- Insurance coverage and insolvency— directors' and officers', errors and omissions, general commercial liability policy coverage litigation
- complex business disputes arising from M&A, joint ventures, and corporate dissolutions
- corporate liability—director, officer, professional, and general partner liability
- shareholder disputes
- banking and financial institutions litigation
- bankruptcy-related litigation
| Ms. Laupheimer is 'unflappable, has very good business sense, and is very well regarded.'
Ms. Laupheimer is recognized by Chambers USA as a leader in general commercial litigation and insurance litigation. Chambers notes that “she enjoys a high standing in the market and has carved a niche in dealing with insurance company insolvency work. Competitors are impressed with her judgment and remark that Ms. Laupheimer is ‘unflappable, has very good business sense, and is very well regarded,’ and that she is a 'delight to have on the other side—she is experienced and understands the issues, so you can get straight to the nub of the problem.’” Ms. Laupheimer is described as “smart, efficient and thorough” and “a really good lawyer and an excellent litigator.” She is also called "a client's best advocate."
She has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© since 2006 for Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, and Litigation - Banking and Finance in Philadelphia.
- Represented one of largest managed care organization in US in suit against 11 primary and excess professional liability insurers to recover money paid to settle class-action RICO suit by one million physicians relating to alleged wrongful claim processing, including trial of rescission counterclaims by three of the eleven insurers.
- Represented multi-national medical device manufacturer and Board of Directors in litigation and settlement of derivative claim for breach of fiduciary duty arising out of alleged criminal off-label marketing scheme.
- Represented large multi-national food company in multiple suits seeking to acquire and demolish deteriorating property to make way for redevelopment of blighted urban area in Camden, NJ.
- Disputes over post-merger liability for multi-employer pension plan withdrawal liability in pharmaceutical industry.
- Defended multi-national chemical company headquartered in Philadelphia in $300 million dollar federal court litigation brought by bankrupt competitor and joint venture partner over alleged failed project to build chemical plant in Idaho.
- Represented Pennsylvania computer services firm in professional liability coverage dispute against two insurers over expenses for $50 million project failure claim by foreign client in foreign country.
- Represented large multi-national food company in connection with fraudulent conveyance actions relating to bankrupt natural gas distributor.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Laupheimer is the chair-elect of the Board of Trustee of the Agnes Irwin School, an all-girls college preparatory academy in Rosemont, Pennsylvania. She is also a member of many associations and organizations, including the Board of Alumni Managers at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Committee.
Ms. Laupheimer served three times on the Merit Selection Panels to assist the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in the selection of judges to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.