Jonathan A. Clark
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5561||f. +1.215.231.0033|
CHAIR, EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION
Jonathan Clark serves as chair of Blank Rome’s employee benefits and executive compensation group, and concentrates his practice on a variety of employee benefits, executive compensation, and related matters, including:
- benefits and compensation issues arising during transactions, including plan asset transfers, management investment in leveraged buyouts, ESOPs, and other employee ownership vehicles;
- equity-based compensation arrangements for directors and executives, including stock option, restricted stock, and phantom stock programs; and
- the design, implementation, operation, communication, and termination of qualified retirement plans.
Mr. Clark frequently writes and lectures on securities and executive compensation law for leading industry publications and conferences.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Clark was a partner at an Am Law 100 firm in Philadelphia where he served as the co-chair of the firm’s employee benefits practice group. He also served as general counsel and leader of business development and strategy for a business-to-business Internet-based company providing disposition chain management solutions for the industrial assets of Fortune 500 companies. This experience has given him the client’s perspective and an understanding of corporate business issues.
From 1996 to 1999, he was an associate in the benefits and compensation practice group of a major Philadelphia law firm. Mr. Clark previously served as an adjunct professor in the graduate tax program at Temple University School of Law, and as a law clerk for the Hon. Stanley S. Brotman, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, in Camden, NJ.
- “Full-service” benefits and executive compensation legal representation to public and private employers, including the design and administration of qualified retirement plans, health and welfare programs, equity-based and incentive compensation, employment, and non-competition agreements.
- Providing counsel and advice to boards of directors and executives in a range of change in control, stay bonus, severance, and transaction bonus programs in public and private companies, and related analyses of the application of securities law rules, listing requirements, golden parachute, and million dollar cap rules.
- Regional healthcare system in connection with the design and implementation of a new executive compensation structure.
- Large nonprofit organization in connection with compliance issues relating to the Affordable Care Act.
- Global chemical company in connection with a multimillion dollar correction to the operation of its legacy pension plan.
- Employee Benefits and Compensation Law, listed in Chambers USA
- “Best Lawyer,” listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2012-2016, “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer,” listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.