J. David Cabello
|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8696||f. +1.713.228.6605|
David Cabello concentrates his intellectual property practice on patent, copyright and trademark litigation, software and patent licensing, patent portfolio development and exploitation, and patent infringement and validity analysis, and is well-versed in a range of technologies in the computer field and energy sector. He combines his diverse corporate experiences as general counsel with his law firm background to provide his clients with legal advice grounded in the realities of the business world.
His intellectual property litigation experience includes a range of technical areas, including personal computers, energy sector, software, and cellular telephone fields. He also has extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of professional responsibility, trade secrets, industry practices, damages, infringement analysis, and patent office practices in the high-tech and energy sectors. Mr. Cabello has served as a mediator in a number of cases and is available to serve as a mediator. He has also served as an expert witness in the intellectual property field.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Cabello is a master in the Houston Intellectual Property Inn of Court and an emeritus member of the American General Counsel Association.
He is a member of the Willowbrook Methodist Hospital Board of Trustees, Our Lady of Guadalupe School Development Board, and College Forward. He is also a registered professional engineer (inactive) for the State of Texas.
Mr. Cabello also provides pro bono legal services to unaccompanied, undocumented children detained by the Department of Homeland Security, and translator services (English/Spanish) on Faith in Practice medical mission trips to Guatemala.
- 2016, "Top Lawyer" in Intellectual Property Right, listed in Houstonia
- 2015-2016, Intellectual Property Law, listed in Chambers USA
- AV-Preeminent®, listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2012-2014, “Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation, listed in Texas Super Lawyers
- 2015, "Top-Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property," listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2015, "Top-Rated Lawyer in Texas," listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2013, "Top Rated Lawyer” in IP Law, listed by American Lawyer Media
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.