John E. Lucian
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5442||f. +1.215.832.5442|
John Lucian concentrates his practice on bankruptcy and financial services litigation, including:
- representing creditors’ committees, asset purchasers, debtors, trustees, lessors, contract counterparties and creditors in all facets of bankruptcy cases
- representing lenders in out-of-court restructurings and workouts
- prosecuting and defending complex financial services litigation
- defending lenders and regulated entities against TILA, ECOA, HOEPA, RESPA and related consumer finance claims
As a former trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, Mr. Lucian also handles a variety of litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout the region.
Mr. Lucian regularly speaks and writes on litigation and financial services topics.
Mr. Lucian is a past recipient of Lawyers on the Fast Track Award by American Lawyer Media and has been ranked by London-based The Legal 500 as a leader in the field of bankruptcy litigation.
He is fluent in Spanish.
- Representation of creditors' committee of major Appalachian coal enterprise.
- Representation of creditors' committee of Philadelphia area hospital.
- Representation of creditors' committee of Northeastern energy producer.
- Representation of multi-billion dollar energy company in its Chapter 11.
- Representation of Chapter 11 trustee of coal company.
- Representation of DIP lender in bankruptcy of national copper supplier.
- Representation of professional sports franchise in bankruptcy of key sponsor.
- Representation of asset purchaser of luxury ski resort.
- Representation of national homebuilder in developer bankruptcy.
- Representation of lender in bankruptcy of national food distributor.
- Representation of lender in bankruptcy of Southeastern produce wholesaler.
- Representation of lender in Midwest bankruptcy of coal operator.
- Representation of creditors’ committee of bank holding company.
- Representation of commercial landlord in major retail bankruptcies.
- Representation of creditors' committee of national auto-parts manufacturer.
- Counsel to creditors’ committee of regional commercial airline.
- Representation of trustee of national amusement center in prosecution of over 400 avoidance actions.
- Successful defense of several national mortgage lenders in a variety of consumer finance and predatory lending cases.
- Successful defense of national financial institution in multistate consumer lending actions.
- Representation of national retailer in defense of Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) class action suit.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Lucian is active in many pro bono endeavors in the local community and is a recipient of Blank Rome's annual Pro Bono Hero Award for his efforts on behalf of pro bono clients and causes.