John E. Lucian
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5442||f. +1.215.832.5442|
John Lucian concentrates his practice on bankruptcy and financial services litigation, including:
- representing creditors’ committees, asset purchasers, debtors, trustees, lessors, contract counterparties and creditors in all facets of bankruptcy cases
- representing lenders in out-of-court restructurings and workouts
- prosecuting and defending complex financial services litigation
- defending lenders and regulated entities against TILA, ECOA, HOEPA, RESPA and related consumer finance claims
As a former trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, Mr. Lucian also handles a variety of litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout the region.
Mr. Lucian regularly speaks and writes on litigation and financial services topics.
Clients note that he is 'very bright and knowledgeable'
and 'does a great job of anticipating legal and non-legal issues.'
Chambers USA ranks Mr. Lucian as a leader in bankruptcy and restructuring. Clients note that he is “very bright and knowledgeable” and “does a great job of anticipating legal and non-legal issues.” Mr. Lucian is a past recipient of the "Lawyers on the Fast Track" award by American Lawyer Media and has been ranked by London-based The Legal 500 as a leader in the field of bankruptcy litigation.
Mr. Lucian is fluent in Spanish.
- Representation of creditors' committee of major Appalachian coal enterprise
- Representation of creditors' committee of Philadelphia area hospital
- Representation of creditors' committee of Northeastern energy producer
- Representation of multi-billion dollar energy company in its Chapter 11
- Representation of Chapter 11 trustee of coal company
- Representation of DIP lender in bankruptcy of national copper supplier
- Representation of professional sports franchise in bankruptcy of key sponsor
- Representation of asset purchaser of luxury ski resort
- Representation of national homebuilder in developer bankruptcy
- Representation of lender in bankruptcy of national food distributor
- Representation of lender in bankruptcy of Southeastern produce wholesaler
- Representation of lender in Midwest bankruptcy of coal operator
- Representation of creditors’ committee of bank holding company
- Representation of commercial landlord in major retail bankruptcies
- Representation of creditors' committee of national auto-parts manufacturer
- Counsel to creditors’ committee of regional commercial airline
- Representation of trustee of national amusement center in prosecution of over 400 avoidance actions
- Successful defense of several national mortgage lenders in a variety of consumer finance and predatory lending cases
- Successful defense of national financial institution in multistate consumer lending actions
- Representation of national retailer in defense of Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) class action suit
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Lucian is active in many pro bono endeavors in the local community and is a recipient of Blank Rome's annual Pro Bono Hero Award for his efforts on behalf of pro bono clients and causes.