Brooke T. Iley
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.772.5816||f. +1.202.572.1416|
Brooke Iley provides corporate counseling and litigation in the areas of traditional labor and employment law. Through proactive training and thoughtful auditing of employment policies, Ms. Iley is successful in limiting employers’ exposure to legal actions. She advises clients nationally on a variety of matters including:
- legislative and regulatory developments like the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- best practices for corporate governance and risk management
- internal audits and litigation avoidance
- litigation on behalf of employers involving discrimination, harassment, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, wage claims, and restrictive covenants
- union avoidance, collective bargaining, and labor arbitration
- executive employment agreements, restrictive covenants, and protection of corporate assets
During the current economic crisis, Ms. Iley is providing guidance and advice to clients with regard to strategic workforce planning. She is a frequent author on the implications of recent changes in employment law and best practices for employers.
- Represented a Fortune 500, wire and cable manufacturing company in sexual harassment suit in federal court.
- Conducted internal investigations, audits of employment practices, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for multiple international publicly-traded companies.
- Advised a publicly-traded, cemetarial services company on the labor and employment aspects of major acquisition.
- Handled all labor and employment matters in various litigation, corporate acquisitions, audits, and risk management programs for a publicly-traded technology company.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
- Board of Directors, Woods Child Development Center