Brooke T. Iley
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.772.5816||f. +1.202.572.1416|
VICE CHAIR, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT PRACTICE GROUP
Brooke Iley provides corporate counseling and litigation advice in the areas of employment law and traditional labor. Through proactive training and thoughtful auditing of employment policies, Ms. Iley is successful in limiting employers’ exposure to legal actions. She advises clients nationally on a variety of matters including:
- legislative and regulatory developments impacting Employers
- best practices for corporate governance and risk management
- internal audits and litigation avoidance
- litigation on behalf of employers involving discrimination, harassment, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, wage claims, and restrictive covenants
- union avoidance, collective bargaining, and labor arbitration
- executive employment agreements, restrictive covenants, and protection of corporate assets
In today’s fast paced, global economy, Ms. Iley works with clients to provide strategic workforce planning and initiatives that are legally compliant and present competitive business decisions. She is a frequent author and lecturer on the implications of recent changes in employment law and best practices for employers.
- Represented a Fortune 500, wire and cable manufacturing company in all aspects of labor arbitrations, union campaigns and elections, unfair labor practice charges and related matters nationwide.
- Conducted internal investigations, audits of employment practices, and corporate governance and compliance for multiple international publicly-traded companies.
- Advised a publicly-traded, cemetarial services company on the labor and employment aspects of major acquisition.
- Handled all labor and employment matters in various litigation, corporate acquisitions, audits, and risk management programs for a publicly-traded technology company.