T. Malcolm Sandilands
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.2735||f. +1.202.420.2201|
Malcolm Sandilands represents private and public corporations, hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital operating companies (“VCOCs”), and business development companies (“BDCs”) in investments, acquisitions, portfolio management, and sales.
- Numerous corporate and investment fund clients in middle market mergers and acquisitions transactions, including debt and equity financings, transfers of assets, implementation of employment arrangements and non-competition matters.
- A U.S. public company in the $160 million acquisition of an international manufacturing and service company headquartered in Switzerland and organized as a Netherlands B.V.
- A U.S investment fund in the $500 million sale of its majority interest in an electronic billboard company to a private equity purchaser.
- A private business owner in the sale of his U.S.-based cosmetic ingredients company to a private equity fund, his re-investment in the transaction, and the subsequent sale of the company to a strategic purchaser.
- Private equity funds in the acquisition of a government contractor with field operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Private equity funds in the $530 million sale of a national provider of “dark network” fiber-optic cable services.
- A private equity fund client in the acquisition, debt, and equity financing as well as subsequent sale to a strategic purchaser of the manufacturer of Slime™ brand tire products.
- A medical communications and service company controlled by an English private equity fund in its acquisition of a U.S.-based competitor and subsequent accretive transactions.
- A private equity fund client in its acquisition of a majority interest in an internationally recognized photographic finishing and processing business.
- A hedge fund client in an investment in a leading high-end fashion retailer with operations in New York, Paris, and Moscow.
- A private equity fund client in its acquisition of and subsequent additional equity investments in several manufacturers of motocross apparel and equipment.
- A BDC client in its equity investment in the East Coast franchise operations of a nationally known pizza restaurant chain.
- A private equity fund client in its acquisition of several manufacturers of winch and hoist equipment used in oilfield exploration and onshore and offshore drilling, including the debt and equity financing of such transactions.
- A trailer manufacturer, majority-owned by a private equity client, in renegotiating its debt and equity financing arrangements in response to deteriorating market conditions.
- A BDC client in its investment in the acquisition of the owner of the Bumble Bee™ seafood brand.
- A VCOC client in the acquisition of a minority interest in a bicycle manufacturer and establishment of a fund for the encouragement of bicycle transit internationally.