Jeffrey K. Sherwood
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.3602||f. +1.202.420.2201|
Jeff Sherwood is a nationally recognized trial lawyer with extensive experience as lead counsel in a wide variety of intellectual property matters. He excels at translating complicated technical concepts into understandable terms for a jury, and twice has been recognized by The National Law Journal for defense verdicts and once for a plaintiff’s verdict in very large cases in the United States. He focuses his practice on patent infringement and intellectual property litigation, and his casework encompasses diverse areas of engineering, science and technology, and Internet technologies, among many other areas.
He has extensive experience as first-chair trial counsel, including in cases related to patent infringement involving the electrical arts, telecommunications, chemical arts, computer and Internet applications, textile manufacture, and other areas of technology. He also has successfully concluded numerous cases involving trade secret and technology litigation, consumer class action, and toxic tort, mass tort, and other tort litigation.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Sherwood led the intellectual property litigation practices at two Am Law 200 firms.
- 2014–2017, listed in Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- 2013–2017, listed in IAM Patent 1000
- 2013–2017, “IP Star,” listed in Managing IP (“MIP”) Magazine
- 2013–2016, listed in U.S. Legal 500
- 2013–2014, listed in Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
- 2013, listed in The National Law Journal Plaintiffs’ Hot List
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.