Kathy E. Herman
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5734||f. +1.215.832.5734|
Kathy Herman provides strategic counsel to companies and executives on a broad variety of business issues. She concentrates her practice in corporate and business law, advising management on:
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales of public and private companies;
- Capital formation, including public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities;
- SEC regulatory, reporting and compliance issues;
- Negotiating and preparing complex commercial agreements;
- General corporate, partnership and limited liability company transactions and counseling;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Corporate governance matters; and
- Counseling and formation of nonprofit organizations.
Ms. Herman was formerly the general counsel of Nobel Learning Communities, Inc., a publicly traded provider of education and educational services. Prior to that, Ms. Herman was also general counsel at IBAH, Inc., a contract research organization providing research and development services to the drug and biotechnology industries, which was publicly traded before it was acquired by Omnicare, Inc. Ms. Herman also served in-house, as a consultant, to public companies in the telecommunications and electronic messaging and transaction services industries.
While in law school, Ms. Herman published comment, Anti-Blind Bidding in the Motion Picture Industry: Associated Film Distribution Corp. v Thornburgh, 5 J.L. & Commerce 298 (1984). She also was a note editor and an associate editor of the University of Pittsburgh Journal of Law and Commerce.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
In 2017, Ms. Herman was elected Judge of Elections in Ward 5, Division 25 of the City of Philadelphia.