Arthur P. Yoon
|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3872||f. +1.424.239.3999|
Arthur P. Yoon serves as commercial counsel to companies in a wide range of industries with respect to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, business financing, strategic relationships, corporate partnering, and intellectual property protection. He regularly counsels and collaborates with clients in supporting their business growth initiatives and resolving general commercial law issues, including consumer product, compliance, human resources, real estate, tax, and related controversies.
Through his corporate practice, Mr. Yoon has managed a broad range of sophisticated commercial transactions and led cross-functional teams in the representation of businesses in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, joint ventures, equity and debt financings, licensing, distribution, and supply chain arrangements. He advises directors and management in areas of enterprise risk management, complex commercial projects, strategic alliances, sales and purchases of assets, majority and minority investments, related-party transactions, contested transactions, and outsourcing transactions. He has substantial experience in negotiating with counterparties, structuring and drafting principal agreements, and crafting practical solutions to challenging business, legal, and regulatory matters.
Mr. Yoon previously served as a Trial Attorney in the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where he received an “Outstanding Attorney Award.” He has also served as a member of the Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Committee for the State Bar of California Business Law Section and in leadership roles for non-profit organizations advancing diversity leadership in government and the legal profession.
- Representation of a multi-national corporation in connection with its $130 million investment in a U.S.-based mobile software company, including deal structuring and negotiation, and commercial and regulatory due diligence.
- Representation of a strategic acquirer in its roll-up acquisitions of nationally recognized consumer brands and related e-commerce businesses with aggregate sales in excess of $300 million.
- Representation of a health service and technology company in connection with operational and regulatory matters including the $75 million stock sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- Representation of a consumer products company in connection with supply chain and manufacturing matters including an $80 million recapitalization with investments by one of the largest U.S. pension funds.
- Representation of a consumer products company in connection with marketing and regulatory matters including the $39 million stock sale of the company to a public strategic acquirer.