|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3867||f. +1.424.239.3997|
Christopher Tesar has nearly 40 years of experience representing clients over a broad range of real estate transactions and related matters.
Mr. Tesar advises individual and entity clients in connection with the purchase, sale, leasing, management, and financing of unimproved and improved residential, commercial, and industrial properties; landlord-tenant disputes; boundary and easement disputes; casualty and title insurance matters; construction and related contracts and disputes; and real property tax planning.
Mr. Tesar has authored various articles on real estate matters for the Real Estate Finance Journal, Southern California Commercial Property Owners Association Newsletter, and the Los Angeles County Bar Journal. He also is an attorney of record in the published opinion in Coldwell Banker & Company v. Department of Insurance (1980) 102 Cal. App. 3d 381.
Mr. Tesar is proficient in Spanish.
- Represented the buyer of a 195-room nationally franchised hotel.
- Represented the buyer of an 11-story commercial building in the acquisition phase of its plan to redevelop the property as a mixed-use project with 10 floors of high-end condominiums and ground floor retail.
- Represented the seller of a majority interest in an $80 million almond processing company and the company in its purchase of a related processing facility and land for expansion.
- Represented the borrower in negotiating and documenting a $26 million agricultural credit facility and $5 million term loan.
- Represented the purchaser of its co-owner’s interest in a $35 million commercial property.
- Represented affiliated tenants in negotiating and documenting leases of 75,000 and 65,000 square foot food-processing facilities.
- Advises a commercial lender as outside general counsel with respect to lending and other matters relating to its retail shopping center borrowers.