Stephanie Gantman Kaplan
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5381||f. +1.215.832.5381|
Stephanie Kaplan concentrates her practice in labor and employment litigation and counseling. Through proactive training and thoughtful auditing of employment policies, Ms. Kaplan works with clients to develop best practices and limit legal exposure. She advises and represents clients nationally on a variety of matters, including:
- litigation on behalf of employers involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, wage claims, and restrictive covenants in federal and state courts, and administrative agencies when applicable
- employment policies and practices
- internal audits and litigation avoidance
- executive employment agreements, restrictive covenants, and protection of corporate assets
- separation agreements
- labor arbitration
- reductions in force
Ms. Kaplan previously served as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She has also spoken at labor and employment law seminars and presentations, including at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on “A Behind the Scenes Look at Employment Litigation in Federal Court.”
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Kaplan is a child advocate who represents abused and neglected children in Philadelphia through the Support Center for Child Advocates. She was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2010 through 2014, and 2016, and received the 2014 Blank Rome Pro Bono Hero award for her work. Ms. Kaplan is also active in her local community, serving as a member of both the Anti-Defamation League and the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
- 2017, “Millennial to Watch in Law,” listed in Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2017, “Lawyer on the Fast Track,” listed in The Legal Intelligencer
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.