|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8630||f. +1.713.228.6605|
Marquel Jordan practices in the areas of toxic tort and products liability litigation.
Ms. Jordan is a Clarence Darrow Scholar.
- Defense trial team member in benzene-acute myelogenous leukemia wrongful death suit that resulted in defense jury verdict.
- Appellate team member in mandamus resulting in three discovery mandamus orders in wrongful death suit immediately prior to trial.
- Representation of major petrochemical companies in chemical exposure and toxic tort cases.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of chemical distributors in various cases based on Innocent Retailer Statute.
- Defense team member that obtained successful interlocutory appeal of improper venue determination on behalf of paint manufacturer.
- Representation of minority shareholder in federal and state court cases involving claimed shareholder oppression, fraud, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty in operation of a closely-held corporation, which resulted in favorable settlement.