|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8612||f. +1.713.228.6605|
Darla Hill has practiced law for more than 30 years, with an emphasis since 1995 in employment matters. Ms. Hill has been certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1997.
Ms. Hill has substantial experience in executive contract and termination issues, noncompetition covenants, discrimination under federal and state statutes, wage claims and state employment law torts, including defamation. She has experience in a variety of settings, ranging from client counseling and policy drafting to litigation.
While in law school, Ms. Hill served as an associate editor for the Houston Law Review. She is a member of the Order of the Barons. Ms. Hill was elected to Phi Beta Kappa while an undergraduate at Rice University.
- Provided counseling to corporate clients in connection with hiring and terminating executives, including preparation of settlement agreements and non-competition covenants.
- Counseled executives in connection with employment agreements and terminations.
- Provided counseling to employers in connection with FMLA and ADA compliance.
- Counseled corporate clients in handling sexual or racial harassment investigations under Title VII and state law.
- Trained client workforces in Title VII compliance.
- Represented employers in ADEA, Title VII and FLSA actions.
- Represented employers in DOL investigations and before state administrative commissions.
- Prepared employment policies for corporate clients, including drug testing policies.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Hill is currently a volunteer with the United Way of Greater Houston and a member of that organization's Womens' Initiative.