|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8621||f. +1.713.228.6605|
Jack Higdon's practice includes civil trial and appellate work, with particular emphasis on investment, insurance coverage and business disputes. Mr. Higdon has significant experience with the application of leading-edge technologies in litigation. He also represents local governments and public officials in various litigation contexts.
While in law school, Mr. Higdon served as a judicial intern to the Honorable James Baker of the Texas Supreme Court.
- Defense of out-of-state employer against a former employee’s attempt to void noncompetition and forum selection agreements, including successful appeal.
- Defended corporation against alter ego allegations brought by a foreign judgment creditor, including successful appeal.
- Represented municipal utility district in protracted construction litigation involving prosecution of and defense of nuisance, tort, and contractual liability allegations.
- Defended municipality against inverse condemnation, nuisance, and tort claims arising from alleged sewage backup into a commercial shopping center.
- Prosecution of breach of non-competition and confidentiality claims against a departing broker from insurance brokerage firm.
- Assisted with prosecution and defense of a construction lawsuit brought on behalf of the owner of Louisiana off-gas processing plants against its contractors, insurers, and project bond sureties.
- Defended property tax appraisal district against breach of contract and §1983 civil rights claims brought by a property tax consultant.
- Defended Texas community development corporation against breach of contract and restitution claims brought by a renowned bronze sculptor.
- Represented corporate investor in stock purchase litigation involving commercial tort and breach of fiduciary duty allegations.
- Assisted in defense of municipal risk pool against a commercial property owner’s insurance coverage claims for significant mold and water damage.
- Prosecution of commercial collection lawsuits against non-paying hospitals on behalf of nationwide contractor of emergency room physician services.
- Assisted with prosecution of gas-trading dispute involving the application of Uniform Commercial Code principles to complex fact pattern.