Andrew J. Haas
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5479||f. +1.215.832.5479|
Andrew Haas concentrates his practice in the areas of estate, tax, and closely-held business planning. He regularly works with business owners and entrepreneurs to effectively integrate business interests into a comprehensive estate plan. Mr. Haas also counsels high-net-worth individuals and families, and works closely with clients and their other professional advisors to ensure seamless exchange of information, as well as the effective implementation and administration of estate planning strategies. Mr. Haas assists clients with:
- preparation of wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives
- income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- estate and trust administration
- business entity formation, organization, and succession planning
- gifting strategies, including the use of irrevocable trusts and other advanced planning techniques
- insurance planning
- charitable planning
- nonprofit entity formation and administration
- multi-generational wealth counseling and education
- Orphans’ Court litigation
Mr. Haas is the author of the chapter “Estate Planning For Closely-Held Businesses” in the book Estate Planning in Pennsylvania, 4th Edition (PBI Press). In addition, Mr. Haas has been cited in the Philadelphia Inquirer on estate planning topics, and has been published in the Wealth Management supplement of The Legal Intelligencer. Mr. Haas also frequently speaks on estate planning topics.
While in law school, Mr. Haas served as a managing editor of the Villanova Sports & Entertainment Law Journal. He also received a certification in estate planning from Villanova University School of Law.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Haas currently serves as a member of the board of directors of the Philadelphia Estate Planning Council and as a co-chairman of its Outreach Committee; a member of the Tax Committee of the Probate and Trust Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association; and a member of the board of directors of United Cerebral Palsy of Philadelphia and Vicinity. Mr. Haas is also a past president of the Delaware County Estate Planning Council.
- 2016, “Best Attorney in Business” for Estate, Tax and Closely-Held Business Planning, listed in Philly Biz
- 2016, “Rising Star” in Estate Planning and Probate Law, listed in Super Lawyers and Philadelphia Magazine
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.