Kevin J. Bruno
Environmental Litigation Practice Group Leader
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5580||f. +1.917.332.3838|
|Princeton, NJ||v. +1.609.750.2994||f. +1.609.897.7443|
Kevin J. Bruno has more than 25 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, concentrating his practice in environmental, mass tort, products and insurance recovery litigation.
Mr. Bruno’s experience includes:
- Defending clients in mass tort litigation, including lawsuits relating to alleged exposure to products, chemicals and/or alleged hazardous materials
- Defending clients against lawsuits and criminal investigations brought by the government pursuant to State and Federal environmental programs, including CERCLA, RCRA, the Clean Water Act and TSCA
- Representing clients in connection with private party cost recovery actions, and internal environmental audits and investigations
- Representing policyholders in State and Federal courts in some of the largest, most complex environmental insurance coverage litigations, as well as policyholders in their pursuit of insurance coverage for products, intellectual property and director & officer liability losses
- Counseling and representing clients in products liability litigation, often times in connection with efforts to obtain insurance coverage for the defense of such claims
- Mr. Bruno is currently defending one of the world’s largest oil refineries in what are, collectively, two of the most significant mass tort actions pending in this nation.
- Mr. Bruno is currently defending a global chemical manufacturer in national multi-district litigation relating to alleged contamination of groundwater in numerous States, cities and US territories.
- Mr. Bruno represents one of the nation’s largest global logistics and transportation companies in all environmental and insurance-related claims and litigation.
- On behalf of one of the nation’s largest media conglomerates, Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage against 85 insurance companies under 580 policies for environmental liabilities, throughout the United States.
- On behalf of one of the nation’s largest manufacturers of bedding products, Mr. Bruno successfully represented the client in a private cost recovery action initiated under CERCLA, and a separate insurance recovery action.
- Mr. Bruno represented the alleged successors to the United States Radium Corporation in nearly 15 years of litigation and trials relating to radium-sourced products and tailings. These matters included mass tort, products liability and property damage claims, as well as environmental claims asserted by USEPA and USNRC.
- On behalf of a manufacturer of latex gloves, Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage for hundreds of products liability claims throughout the US. He also assisted the client and defense counsel regarding a comprehensive settlement of all products-related claims.
- Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage for a major New Jersey hospital, as well as its officers and directors, for dozens of lawsuits arising out of the hospital's employment of a nurse who later confessed to the murder and attempted murder of patients at numerous health care facilities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.