Kevin J. Bruno
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5580||f. +1.917.332.3838|
|Princeton, NJ||v. +1.609.750.2994||f. +1.609.897.7443|
CHAIR, ENVIRONMENTAL, ENERGY, AND NATURAL RESOURCES PRACTICE GROUP
Kevin J. Bruno has more than 25 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, concentrating his practice in environmental, insurance recovery, mass tort, and products litigation.
Mr. Bruno’s experience includes:
- Defending clients in mass tort litigation, including lawsuits relating to alleged exposure to products, chemicals and/or alleged hazardous materials
- Representing policyholders in State and Federal courts in insurance coverage litigations and related matters, obtaining insurance coverage for environmental, products, intellectual property, director & officer liability, and catastrophic & other first party losses
- Defending clients against lawsuits and criminal investigations brought by the government pursuant to State and Federal environmental programs, including CERCLA, RCRA, the Clean Water Act and TSCA
- Representing clients in connection with private party cost recovery actions, and internal environmental audits and investigations
- Counseling and representing clients in products liability litigation, often times in connection with efforts to obtain insurance coverage for the defense of such claims
Clients note that he is 'a good, skillful litigator who prepares well, as well as excelling as a negotiator and a communicator.'
- Mr. Bruno is currently defending one of the world’s largest oil refineries in what are, collectively, amongst the most significant mass tort actions pending in this nation.
- Mr. Bruno is currently defending a global chemical manufacturer in national multi-district litigation relating to alleged contamination of groundwater in numerous States, cities and US territories.
- Mr. Bruno represents one of the nation’s largest global logistics and transportation companies in all environmental and insurance-related claims and litigation.
- Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage for a major New Jersey hospital, as well as its officers and directors, for dozens of lawsuits arising out of the hospital's employment of a nurse who later confessed to the murder and attempted murder of patients at numerous health care facilities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- On behalf of a manufacturer of latex gloves, Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage for hundreds of products liability claims throughout the US. He also assisted the client and defense counsel regarding a comprehensive settlement of all products-related claims.
- On behalf of one of the nation’s largest media conglomerates, Mr. Bruno successfully pursued insurance coverage against 85 insurance companies under 580 policies for environmental liabilities, throughout the United States.
- Mr. Bruno represented the alleged successors to the United States Radium Corporation in nearly 15 years of litigation and trials relating to radium-sourced products and tailings. These matters included mass tort, products liability and property damage claims, as well as environmental claims asserted by USEPA and USNRC.