Mark S. Greenfield
|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3481||f. +1.424.239.3437|
- Main Narrative
Mark S. Greenfield focuses his practice on corporate transactions. He concentrates in the following areas:
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity
- venture capital
- public offerings and private placements
- corporate formations
- corporate reorganizations
- corporate governance
- general corporate counseling—outside general counsel
Mr. Greenfield represents clients in a broad range of industries including energy, technology, biotechnology, software, healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, gaming, hospitality, media and entertainment, and financial services. He also regularly provides expert testimony in the areas of corporate governance and healthcare, and he has served on numerous corporate boards, including audit committee assignments.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Greenfield has had business leadership and executive experience, including:
- President and CEO of an independent oil and gas exploration and production company
- Chairman of a hospitality company operating upscale restaurants
- Interim President and CEO of a software developer and distributor
- Chapter Chairman, Young Presidents’ Organization
- Chair, Private Equity Industry Network, Young Presidents’ Organization
- Board of Directors of Sopac Energy Corporation, Advanced Savings Bank, AmerCable Incorporated, Zum Ritter Corp. (Valentino Restaurant Group), and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Mr. Greenfield is also a recognized authority in negotiation strategy and in positioning corporate clients for strategic growth. Recent topics that he has addressed include:
- “Financing Your Company for Quantum Growth”
- “Maximizing Value: Preparing Your Business for Sale or Growth”
- “Antitrust Issues Abound: What to Know When Acquiring a Competitor”
- “Increasing Utilization of Independent Counsel In Effective Whistleblower Policies”
- “Positioning Your Company for Growth by Acquisition”
- “Chinese Investment in the United States: Outbound Funds Expand in Reach and Size”
- “Private Equity Funds: Good Source of Capital for Independent Exploration and Production Companies”
- “Take Your Negotiating Skills to the Next Level”
- “Cross Border Negotiations”
- “Rethinking and Reevaluating the Responsibilities and Exposure of Outside Corporate Directors”
- "Current Capital Markets Climate for the Oil and Gas Industry"
Mr. Greenfield recently was recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Most Influential M&A Advisors” and “Who’s Who in Law” as a top deal attorney. Mr. Greenfield has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Greenfield has advised clients in a broad spectrum of business matters, including:
- Management/private equity partnered buy-out of a manufacturing subsidiary from its NASDAQ parent.
- Acquisition of an add-on to the private equity owned platform company in the waste management and water treatment industries.
- Structuring and formation of multiple-layered Hong Kong companies to facilitate a sales and distribution network in mainland China.
- Acquisition of manufacturing facilities in Guangzhou and Fuzhou, China.
- Purchase of interest in Shenzhen, China manufacturing firm.
- Purchase of an interest in a U.S.-based media and entertainment company by an India-based public company.
- Merger into a United Kingdom, London Stock Exchange listed, company of a specialized software developer and distributor.
- Reset and recapitalization in connection with the successful exit of a private equity firm.
- Sale of control of prominent fitness studio operator to private equity.
- Renegotiation of credit facilities for a manufacturing company and for a hospitality company.
- Financing of an animated children’s series for a prominent public animation company.
- Non-control equity investment of private equity in a media and entertainment company.
- Multiple acquisitions to support the growth of a manufacturing company focused in the hobby-crafts industry.
- Multiple acquisitions and joint ventures to support the growth of a media and entertainment industry client.
- Acquisition of franchisor of make your own pottery studio.
- Acquisition of multiple casino locations for a Nevada-based casino operator.
- Sale of wall décor manufacturer and distributor to private equity portfolio company.
- Financing for the manufacturer of medical devices used in orthopedics.
- Financing for a developer of health care products utilizing a unique bio-chemical composition.
- Financing and subsequent acquisition for an oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Acquisition of assets from a Chapter XI proceeding.
- Formation and initial public offering for a bank holding company.
- Expert testimony in corporate governance and healthcare relating to the bankruptcy of a community hospital.
- Strategizing and implementing safety compliance program in Australia for an international manufacturing client.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Greenfield is a member of several community and philanthropic organizations, including:
- Board of Directors of the Association for Corporate Growth, Los Angeles
- Board of Directors of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, including member of the Executive Committee and chair of the Audit Committee
- Active member of the Young Presidents’ Organization Gold
- Chair of the Private Equity Industry Network of the Young Presidents’ Organization
- Vice Chair of the Financial Services Network of the Young Presidents' Organization
- Hearing officer for the Los Angeles Police Department
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the UCLA Foundation
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Police Foundation
- Past chair of the Associates of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Patron of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Benefactor of UCLA
- Founder of the Los Angeles Music Center
- 2016, “Leaders in Law,” listed in the Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2013, “Most Influential M&A Advisors,” listed in the Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2011, “Who’s Who in LA Law,” listed in the Los Angeles Business Journal
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.