|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5471||f. +1.215.832.5471|
Michael Plunkett takes a common sense approach to legal matters by identifying practical and cost effective solutions, while minimizing legal risks. He understands that the best legal advice must be based on a thorough understanding of each client’s business and goals. Mr. Plunkett represents both domestic and international public and private companies, entrepreneurs, and business owners in a wide range of securities, corporate and commercial matters, including:
- SEC and stock exchange reporting and compliance
- mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions
- capital raising activities, including public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities
- corporate governance matters
- traditional bank financings
- executive compensation and equity compensation plans
- business formation, growth and development
- general business and commercial agreements and transactions
With his broad background, Mr. Plunkett often acts as “outside corporate counsel” for clients by providing a wide range of legal advice. He frequently coordinates and oversees the delivery of the Firm’s other legal services, such as litigation, real estate, tax, employee benefits and intellectual property, to ensure exceptional client service and responsiveness that takes into account each client’s unique business needs and objectives.
Mr. Plunkett is a frequent contributor to Blank Rome's Securities News Watch blog, which covers news and information on the JOBS Act, corporate governance, executive compensation, and securities matters.
Mr. Plunkett co-authors Blank Rome's UP TO DATE: Current Developments in Securities Laws newsletter, which provides practice tips on corporate governance matters, follows SEC news and comment letter trends and covers information on the JOBS Act, executive compensation and investment adviser regulation.
- Represented large, regional residential real estate brokerage company in sale.
- Outside corporate and securities counsel to Orleans Homebuilders, Inc. prior to, during and after its bankruptcy. Represented Orleans in all aspects of securities compliance and equity and bank debt financings, including the company’s exit financing, as well as corporate governance and executive compensation matters.
- Outside corporate counsel to U.S. subsidiary of European multinational company, including acting as U.S. mergers and acquisitions counsel.
- Outside securities counsel to publicly traded marketer of various lifestyle and discount programs, such as discount medical programs and related products and services.
- Represented publicly-traded financial services company in multi-billion dollar sale.
- Issuer’s counsel in private placements of $13.5 million of convertible preferred stock.
- Issuer’s counsel in private placements of $105 million of debt securities.
- Outside general securities counsel to Israeli technology company listed on NASDAQ.
- Represented issuer in follow-on public offering of $49 million of common stock.
- Represented controlling shareholder and mezzanine fund in their multiple rounds of investment in a healthcare company and subsequent sale of the company.
- Represented a wholly-owned subsidiary of a Mumbai-based public company in its acquisition of a U.S. technology company.
- Counsel to technology company in sale of its simulator division.
- Represented technology company in formation and in multiple rounds of debt and equity financing.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Plunkett serves on the board of directors of Philadelphia Young Playwrights Festival. He volunteers as a youth football coach and is an Elder with the First Presbyterian Church in Haddonfield, New Jersey. Mr. Plunkett is also an active triathlete, having competed in a number of local triathlons.