Michael A. Rowe
|Princeton, NJ||v. +1.609.750.2659||f. +1.609.897.7297|
Michael Rowe has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation matters. Mr. Rowe represents corporations and individuals in a wide range of areas, including:
- breach of contract
- commercial and residential real estate
- business fraud
- partnership disputes
- collection of promissory notes
- intellectual property litigation
- business torts
- media and telecommunications law
Mr. Rowe’s practice places a particular emphasis on New York law and New York procedure. Mr. Rowe frequently appears in both federal and state courts and appellate courts in New Jersey and New York, including the Commercial Division of the New York Supreme Court, and before various arbitration associations, including the American Arbitration Association and FINRA.
While in law school, Mr. Rowe was the lead articles editor of the Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal. He also served as an intern in the Washington, DC office of U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg.
Mr. Rowe is a member of Phi Alpha Theta, the history honor society, and Omicron Delta Epsilon, the international honor society for economics.
- Publicly traded international medical equipment manufacturer in connection with a month-long jury trial involving the sale of various multi-million dollar medical equipment systems. Successfully defended manufacturer against various breach of contract and other claims and prosecuted claims against the purchaser for collection of unpaid purchase price.
- Publicly traded broker dealer in connection with a three-week long FINRA arbitration involving the purchase and subsequent spin off of a municipal bond company and in several parallel actions before the Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court and the Southern District of New York. After multiple hearing days and appearances before the various courts, the arbitrator entered a multi-million dollar damage award against the bond company client and we successfully settled the remaining actions on behalf of our client.
- Publicly traded credit card processing company in several matters involving breach of contract and theft of confidential information pending simultaneously before the District Court of New Jersey and the American Arbitration Association. The Court entered a permanent injunction against former employees regarding their use of confidential information and the arbitrator directed the former employee’s new employer to pay a multi-million dollar damage award.
- Publicly traded media company in connection with various lawsuits seeking to prevent the distribution of one of the most popular reality television shows in the history of television. Argued and won a motion to dismiss NJ RICO and other claims regarding the inclusion of plaintiffs’ images during the airing of the show.
- Represented high net worth individual in a breach of contract lawsuit before the Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court involving the development of software allowing market participants to use trading charts to develop and implement trading strategies and increase profitability.
- Publicly traded real estate brokerage firm involving claims for intangible property under New York law. Participated in a month-long trial before the Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court involving the issue of whether an employer could convert a former employee’s intangible property -- customer list.
- Defense and prosecution of a multitude of claims relating to the acquisition and sale of $500 million parcel of real estate in New York. Successfully argued motion to dismiss and various other motions before the Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court and the Southern District of New York and negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of our client.
- Prosecution and defense of various breach of contract claims on behalf of international purchaser of telecommunications services before Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court and the First Department, Appellate Division concerning the preemptive effect of the Telecommunications Act on state law claims. Successfully argued appeal before the First Department and negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of our client.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
In 2017, Mr. Rowe joined the board of directors for the United Way of Greater Mercer County.