Bridget Mayer Briggs
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5664||f. +1.215.832.5664|
Bridget Briggs concentrates her practice in corporate, white collar, and class action defense litigation. Ms. Briggs counsels clients in the following areas:
- Class action defense
- Civil RICO
- Bank Secrecy Act Compliance
- White collar criminal defense
- Attorney-client privilege and work product protection
Ms. Briggs has managed several document productions involving a large volume of electronic discovery.
Ms. Briggs is an active member of the Firm’s Recruiting Committee, E-Discovery Initiative, and Banking Initiative.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Ms. Briggs clerked for two years for Judge Margaret B. Seymour of the Federal District Court for the District of South Carolina. During her clerkship, Ms. Briggs had the privilege of preparing for oral arguments at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals with Judge Seymour sitting by designation.
While in law school, Ms. Briggs was an articles editor for the Virginia Journal of International Law. Ms. Briggs also completed an internship at the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania during that time.
- Obtained a favorable ruling as a matter of law on a petition to strike a judgment, avoiding costly discovery on the issue.
- Obtained a ruling on appeal that a court abused its discretion when it dismissed a mortgage foreclosure complaint for fraud on the court.
- Representation of a company against Civil RICO claims.
- Through administrative filings and extensive factual investigation, secured government benefits for two individual clients.