|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5468||f. +1.215.832.5468|
Louis Abrams concentrates his practice in commercial, corporate and consumer financial services litigation. Mr. Abrams represents clients in a wide variety of contexts, including:
- unfair trade practices and consumer fraud
- business torts and contract disputes
- trade secrets and restrictive covenant/non-competition agreements
- mass torts and product liability defense
- trust and estates
While in law school, Mr. Abrams served as a managing editor for the Fordham International Law Journal and a member of the Fordham Moot Court Team.
From 2008 to 2009, Mr. Abrams served as a member of The Feerick Center for Social Justice of Fordham University School of Law and participated in drafting and implementing "Respecting the Just Rights of Workers: Guidance and Options for Catholic Health Care and Unions," which reflects a unique and groundbreaking consensus between leaders of Catholic health care and the largest labor organizations in the United States. Mr. Abrams was awarded the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award as a result of this labor mediation work.
Mr. Abrams completed his undergraduate studies at Pennsylvania State University, where he graduated with honors and distinction.
- Global chemical manufacturer in multi-district environmental pollution and product liability litigation involving water contamination.
- Mortgage lenders and financial institutions in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters.
- Successfully prosecuted trade secret claim and obtained injunctive and other relief against a custom software developer for improper use of financial services company’s intellectual property.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Abrams was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor in 2010 for his work on behalf of indigent clients. Mr. Abrams is also an active member of the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.–Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter.