|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5774||f. +1.215.832.5774|
Jason Snyderman has tried cases before juries in both state and federal courts and has been lead counsel in complex commercial and intellectual property disputes in jurisdictions throughout the country. His commercial litigation experience includes matters involving class actions, pharmaceutical products liability, business torts, health law, ERISA, RICO, trade secrets, non-competes, accountants’ liability, and constitutional law. His intellectual property experience includes numerous trademark and copyright litigations as well as patent infringement cases encompassing a wide range of technologies in the mechanical, electrical and chemical arts, including Internet security software, metallurgical manufacturing, agricultural products, pesticides, and textiles.
In 2007, Mr. Snyderman was listed by the Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly as one of Pennsylvania’s "Lawyers on the Fast Track," a designation given to only 35 lawyers throughout the Commonwealth under the age of 40 determined to have influenced the legal community based on their development of the law, commitment to the community, and service to the bar.
Mr. Snyderman has received the highest possible rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- Lead patent litigation counsel for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of sensors essential for use in today’s steel, iron and aluminum industries.
- Successfully defended a major Internet security company in patent infringement lawsuit involving two-factor authentication. Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement later affirmed by the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel for one of the U.S.’s largest environmental testing companies in successful defense of trademark infringement and related claims, including denial of preliminary injunctive relief after three-day federal court hearing.
- Defense counsel for major pharmaceutical company in all Pennsylvania-based lawsuits involving its prescription pain medication.
- Successfully defended one of the region’s largest health insurers in class actions filed by a putative class of physician providers. Denial of class certification alleging improper reimbursement practices later affirmed by both the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
- Lead trial counsel for one of Pennsylvania’s largest power utilities in multiple property damage jury trials.
- Successfully represented Pennsylvania’s Governor and Secretary of Education in a series of seven lawsuits in Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court, Commonwealth Court, and county courts as well as U.S. District Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, in actions relating to the alleged "takeover" of the Philadelphia School District.
- Pro bono defense of Pennsylvania’s first-ever convict exonerated on the basis of DNA evidence after serving more than ten years in state prison.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Snyderman has long been active in community and service organizations. He is currently an elected board member and vice president of one of the largest community associations in