William R. Cruse
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5447||f. +1.215.832.5447|
Will Cruse represents clients in litigation matters, with significant experience litigating cases in the following areas:
- business issues, including class action defense, RICO, the Bank Secrecy Act and related anti-money laundering laws and regulations, breach of contract, fraud and other business torts, accounting disputes, shareholder derivative actions, and antitrust
- employment issues, including enforcement of non-compete and non-solicit agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, and fiduciary duties
- intellectual property issues, including trademark and copyright actions
Prior to law school, Mr. Cruse was an analyst for a large investment bank in New York, where he worked on financial transactions involving syndicated loans, asset purchases, refinancings and restructurings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Cruse has written and spoken on topics relating to electronic discovery, first amendment issues, and employment litigation.
Mr. Cruse’s experience in litigating business disputes includes the following representative examples:
- Represented a bank and payment processor in a putative class action involving alleged RICO violations.
- Represented payment processing company in antitrust action involving Sherman Act and state unfair competition claims.
- Represented broadcast media conglomerate in arbitration arising out of corporate separation and divestiture which involved accounting disputes over true-up and other payments.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in shareholder derivative action.
- Represented manufacturer of industrial power generators in arbitration involving breach of contract, business tort, and specification "creep" claims.
Mr. Cruse’s experience in litigating employment and trade secret disputes includes the following representative examples:
- Represented manufacturer of medical devices in prosecuting violations of non-compete and non-solicit agreements and theft of trade secrets and confidential information in state and federal courts throughout the country at the trial and appellate level.
- Represented payment processing company in prosecuting violations of non-compete and non-solicit agreements.
Mr. Cruse’s experience in litigating intellectual property disputes includes the following representative examples:
- Represented online auction company in trademark infringement action brought by manufacturer and distributor of luxury goods.
- Represented satellite digital audio radio service in music licensing proceeding before the Copyright Royalty Board.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Cruse volunteers to provide pro bono legal services to the SeniorLAW Center of Philadelphia, the Homeless Advocacy Project, and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.