Seth J. Lapidow
|Princeton, NJ||v. +1.609.750.2644||f. +1.609.897.7284|
Seth Lapidow concentrates his practice in general commercial litigation, having represented both public and private organizations as in-house and outside counsel. He has handled many cases involving contract disputes, antitrust claims, partnership disputes, mergers and acquisitions, media law, advertising claims, donor intent, and securities fraud.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Lapidow served at a prominent New York law firm, where he participated in the representations of a Big Four accounting firm in a widely publicized securities class action, and of Viacom in a variety of important Delaware Court of Chancery and antitrust matters.
As the senior in-house litigator for Viacom, he litigated many matters in the entertainment industry for Viacom including contract disputes, antitrust claims, and purchase-price adjustment arbitrations. He also represented Viacom’s subsidiaries Showtime Networks and Showtime Championship Boxing in a variety of boxing-related litigation matters, as well as Blockbuster in various litigations, investigations, and international arbitrations. Mr. Lapidow continues to represent Viacom in various litigation matters in New Jersey and New York.
Since returning to private practice in 2001, Mr. Lapidow has successfully litigated complex matters for high profile clients including Viacom and Heartland Payment Systems, for which he is principal outside litigation counsel.
- Acted as New Jersey counsel representing the Robertson Family in its successful action against Princeton University over the use of the $900 million Robertson Foundation endowment. See N.J.L.J., Vol. CXCLV, No. 11, 12/15/08
- For Heartland Payment Systems, Mr. Lapidow has successfully prosecuted a novel antitrust claim against the leading manufacturer of restaurant POS systems, obtained dismissal of numerous securities fraud actions, vindicated Heartlands rights to internet gateway software and litigated Lanham Act claims. See In re Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Securities Litigation, 2009 WL 4798148, D.N.J., 2009; Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. v. MICROS Systems, Inc., 2008 WL 4510260 D.N.J., 2008 and Slim CD, Inc. v. Heartland Payment Systems, Inc., 2007 WL 2459349, D.N.J., 2007. Most recently, Mr. Lapidow, along with his partner, Mike Conlan, tried a N.J.C.E.P.A. case to verdict, obtaining dismissal of all claims against Heartland after six weeks of trial.
- For Viacom, Mr. Lapidow has successfully defended claims under NJ RICO and misappropriation of likeness related to the MTV program The Jersey Shore. Mr. Lapidow has also successfully defended Viacom against claims of theft of ideas. See, Pino v. Viacom, Inc. 2008 WL 704386 D.N.J., 2008.
- Obtained dismissal of claims of defamation and interference with contractual relations brought against a prominent New York based investment bank.
- Mr. Lapidow has also successfully litigated numerous complex matters for a publically held, national home builder.