James J. Quinlan
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5430||f. +1.215.832.5430|
James J. Quinlan concentrates his practice on complex tort litigation, with particular emphasis on matters arising from product liability, aviation, maritime, and other transportation accidents.
Mr. Quinlan's other litigation experience includes commercial and insurance-related disputes.
Mr. Quinlan is also a member of the consumer financial services team, for which he represents lenders and financial institutions in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters in federal and state court. He is experienced with motions practice, oral argument, the discovery process, trial practice, and post-trial work.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Quinlan clerked for the Honorable Daryl F. Todd, Sr., J.S.C. of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Part.
- Served as second chair trial counsel in the defense of a major airline against allegations of negligence and intentional torts and helped secure a complete defense verdict.
- Represented recreational aviation non-profit organization against allegations of negligence and assisted in securing complete dismissal of claim.
- Represented charter aviation carrier in airplane lease dispute and assisted client in achieving successful resolution of matter.
- Represented airport owners and/or operators against wrongful death and traumatic personal injury claims.
- Secured summary judgment for trucking service repair company against a multimillion dollar product liability and negligence wrongful death claim that stemmed from a catastrophic trucking accident.
- Secured summary judgment for a national tug boat company against Jones Act claimant.
- Successfully defended sprinkler installer against multi-million dollar claims involving fire casualty and significant water discharge.
- Represented major trucking company in defense of negligence and indemnity claims brought by a large manufacturing shipper and assisted client in achieving successful resolution of matter.
- Counseled foreign vessel owner and vessel’s captain on potential environmental claims from discharge and arranged for timely release of vessel from port while avoiding vessel’s arrest.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Quinlan was elected as the 21st president of the Philadelphia Brehon Law Society for the 2016–2017 term. He is a member of the Friends of Julian F. Abele Park, and is actively involved with the George Washington University Alumni Association. He currently serves as vice president for awards for the Alumni Association’s Executive Committee, and as co-chair for the Philadelphia GW Alumni Network. Mr. Quinlan was also appointed as a corporate ambassador for Failte, Ireland, The Republic of Ireland's National Tourism Development Authority.
- 2017, “Lawyers on the Fast Track,” listed in The Legal Intelligencer
- 2012–2017, “Pennsylvania Rising Star” in Products Liability, listed in Super Lawyers©
- 2016, “Rising Star,” listed in the Irish Legal 100
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.