Victoria A. Guilfoyle
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6404||f. +1.302.428.5101|
Tori Guilfoyle concentrates her practice on corporate bankruptcy and business reorganization matters and related litigation. She represents Chapter 11 debtors, creditors’ committees, lenders, private equity funds and other secured creditors, Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees, asset purchasers, equipment lessors, utility providers, software licensors, landlords, and liquidation and litigation trusts. Ms. Guilfoyle prosecutes and defends against avoidance and fraudulent transfer actions brought in large Chapter 11 cases.
In addition to her bankruptcy practice, Ms. Guilfoyle also focuses her practice in corporate and commercial litigation matters.
While attending law school, Ms. Guilfoyle served as an articles editor for the Rutgers Law Journal. Ms. Guilfoyle was also an adjunct professor at Delaware Technical and Community College.
- Nassau Broadcasting Partners, L.P. et al., as counsel to the Chapter 11 debtors, owners and operators of 49 radio stations in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states.
- Midway Games, Inc. et al., as counsel to the Chapter 11 debtors, inventor of Mortal Kombat and developer and publisher of video games in the interactive entertainment software industry.
- Centaur, LLC et al., horseracing, off-track betting and casino operators, as counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Furniture Brands International, Inc. et al., furniture manufacturers and distributors, as co-counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- American Home Mortgage Inc. et al., subprime mortgage loan originators and loan servicers, as co-counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, including post-confirmation as co-counsel to the Plan Trustee.
- SemGroup Litigation Trustee, in connection with 350+ preference actions.
- Woodcrest Country Club as counsel to Chapter 11 trustee in a golf course reorganization.
- Lifestyle Properties, LLC, owner of commercial properties and self-storage facilities, as co-counsel to the Chapter 7 trustee.
- NVF GUC Plan Trustee, including prosecuting claims objections.
- National bankruptcy counsel for software licensing company, including issues arising with executory contracts, filing and defending proofs of claim, and defending avoidance actions.
- National bankruptcy counsel for pharmaceutical company, including purchasing a research facility and retrieving confidential and proprietary materials from bankruptcy estates.
- Delaware counsel for major noteholders in the Washington Mutual, Inc. bankruptcy cases.
- Delaware counsel for Indenture Trustee in the Downey Financial Corp. bankruptcy case.
- Chancery court action involving dispute between members of a Delaware limited liability company.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Guilfoyle is a volunteer tax preparer at low income taxpayer clinics.
- 2014–2017, “Delaware Rising Star” in Business Bankruptcy, listed in Super Lawyers®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.