Shira Roemer Greenbaum
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5548||f. +1.215.832.5548|
Shira Roemer Greenbaum concentrates her practice in tort litigation and employment, benefits and labor litigation and counseling, and represents clients in a variety of areas, including:
- products liability defense
- medical malpractice defense
- employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation litigation
- business and contracts disputes
While in law school, Ms. Greenbaum served as Associate Editor for the Villanova Environmental Law Journal.
Ms. Greenbaum served as an intern for the Honorable Michael M. Baylson of the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Honorable Arnold L. New of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania. She was also an intern for the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District Attorney’s Office of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
- Trial experience as part of defense team that obtained a complete defense verdict following a jury trial in Lehigh County for physician, physician assistant and practice group alleged to have caused the death of a 17-year-old woman following brain surgery.
- Represented global provider of medical devices in employment actions involving claims of sexual harassment, failure to promote, retaliation and termination.
- Hospital in dozens of cases arising out of employment of nurse who confessed to being a serial killer.
- Medical malpractice representations of hospitals and physicians culminating in defense verdicts and/or favorable settlements.
- Member of case team serving as national coordinating counsel for a manufacturer of prosthetic knee replacements in a series of cases alleging negligent design.
- Member of case team serving as national coordinating counsel for two manufacturers and distributors of alendronate sodium (generic form of Fosamax) in litigation related to allegations of failure to warn.
- Global chemical manufacturer in multi-district environmental pollution and product liability litigation concerning water contamination.
- Secured favorable arbitration decision on behalf of theater company involved in contract dispute.
- Obtained significant settlement for airline after fixed-pedestal de-icing boom collapsed onto its Airbus aircraft.
- Regional wastewater authority in a dispute with a manufacturer regarding violations of wastewater permit by under reporting flow to authority.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Greenbaum serves on the board of the Young Friends Committee for SquashSmarts, a nonprofit afterschool program serving at-risk youth in north and west Philadelphia by combining the instruction of squash with mentoring and academic tutoring. Ms. Greenbaum also handles a number of pro bono cases each year on behalf of indigent clients. She was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor in 2008 and 2010. In addition, Ms. Greenbaum is a member of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and has completed its Leadership Development Program.