|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5528||f. +1.215.832.5528|
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6478||f. +1.302.428.5116|
Josef Mintz concentrates his practice in the areas of business restructuring, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy litigation and commercial finance. Mr. Mintz represents creditors' committees, debtors-in-possession, secured and unsecured creditors, liquidating trustees, asset purchasers and lenders in matters including:
- bankruptcy litigation
- plan negotiations
- asset sales
- out-of-court workouts
- asset-based financing
Chambers USA ranks Mr. Mintz as a leader in the field of bankruptcy and restructuring.
While in law school, Mr. Mintz was the Production Editor for the Rutgers Law Journal. Mr. Mintz served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jean K. FitzSimon, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and as an intern to the Honorable John J. Hughes, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the District of New Jersey.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Mintz worked as a paralegal and electronic discovery specialist for a large, international law firm.
- Philadelphia Rittenhouse Developer as counsel to first lien lender in single asset real estate bankruptcy
- PFF Bancorp, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee of bank holding company
- Mortgage Lenders Network USA, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee and the liquidating trustee of sub-prime mortgage lender
- Lower Bucks Hospital as counsel to the creditors' committee of hospital and subsidiaries
- Nova Biosource Fuels, Inc. as debtors' counsel to biodiesel refining business
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Mintz serves on the Board of Directors for the Philadelphia Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. Mr. Mintz participates in Blank Rome's Holocaust Reparations Project and also assists senior citizens in the community with estate planning matters.