Josef W. Mintz
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5528||f. +1.215.832.5528|
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6478||f. +1.302.428.5116|
Josef Mintz concentrates his practice in the areas of business restructuring, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy litigation and commercial finance. Mr. Mintz represents creditors' committees, debtors-in-possession, secured and unsecured creditors, liquidating trustees, asset purchasers, and lenders in matters including:
- bankruptcy litigation
- plan negotiations
- asset sales
- out-of-court workouts
- asset-based financing
Chambers USA has ranked Mr. Mintz as an associate to watch in the field of bankruptcy and restructuring. In the 2015 edition, Chambers highlighted his work in bankruptcy litigation, asset-related financing, and creditors' committee representation, and noted, "He is acknowledged [by clients] for his calm demeanor."
While in law school, Mr. Mintz was the Production Editor for the Rutgers Law Journal. Mr. Mintz served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jean K. FitzSimon, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and as an intern to the Honorable John J. Hughes, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the District of New Jersey.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Mintz worked as a paralegal and electronic discovery specialist for a large, international law firm.
- Reichhold Holdings US, Inc. as co-counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of international coatings and resin business
- MSD Performance, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee of manufacturer of ignition, engine management and data acquisitions products
- Woodcrest Country Club as counsel to Chapter 11 trustee in golf course reorganization
- ETFF Corporation (f/k/a Pennfield Corporation) as counsel to the creditors' committee of grain business and transportation affiliate
- Philadelphia Rittenhouse Developer as counsel to first lien lender in single asset real estate bankruptcy
- PFF Bancorp, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee and creditors' trustee of bank holding company
- Mortgage Lenders Network USA, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee and the liquidating trustee of sub-prime mortgage lender
- Lower Bucks Hospital as counsel to the creditors' committee of hospital and subsidiaries
- Nova Biosource Fuels, Inc. as debtors' counsel to biodiesel refining business
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Mintz serves on the Board of Directors for the Philadelphia Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association ("TMA") and is a member of the TMA Global NextGen Committee. Mr. Mintz participates in Blank Rome's Holocaust Reparations Project and also assists senior citizens in the community with estate planning matters.