Josef W. Mintz
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5528||f. +1.215.832.5528|
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6478||f. +1.302.428.5116|
Josef Mintz is an experienced business bankruptcy and restructuring attorney. Mr. Mintz frequently represents creditors, debtors, committees, trustees, and asset purchasers in matters including:
- chapter 7 and 11 cases
- bankruptcy litigation involving preference and fraudulent transfer claims
- chapter 15 and related international insolvency matters
- restructuring and out-of-court workouts
- asset sales
- commercial financing and secured transactions
Chambers USA has ranked Mr. Mintz as an associate to watch in the field of bankruptcy and restructuring law. Chambers notes he is "developing a fine reputation for his work in corporate restructuring and asset-based financing, among other issues." Sources have given particular praise for his "responsiveness and understanding of the overall picture, even when dealing with very complex matters."
While in law school, Mr. Mintz was the production editor for the Rutgers Law Journal. Mr. Mintz served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jean K. FitzSimon, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and as an intern to the Honorable John J. Hughes, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the District of New Jersey.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Mintz worked as a paralegal and electronic discovery specialist for a large, international law firm.
- Counsel to a defendant in a multimillion dollar bankruptcy litigation involving claims for substantive consolidation, preference, fraudulent transfer, and breach of contract
- ProNerve Holdings, LLC as counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of an intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring ("IOM") provider
- MSD Performance, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee of a manufacturer of ignition, engine management, and data acquisitions products
- Reichhold, Inc. as co-counsel to the creditors' committee of a global manufacturer of coatings and resins
- Woodcrest Country Club as counsel to a Chapter 11 trustee in a golf course reorganization
- ETFF Corporation (f/k/a Pennfield Corporation) as counsel to the creditors' committee of a grain business and transportation affiliate
- Philadelphia Rittenhouse Developer as counsel to a first lien lender in a single asset real estate bankruptcy
- PFF Bancorp, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee and liquidating trustee of a bank holding company
- Mortgage Lenders Network USA, Inc. as counsel to the creditors' committee and the liquidating trustee of a subprime mortgage lender
- Lower Bucks Hospital as counsel to the creditors' committee of a hospital and subsidiaries
Nova Biosource Fuels, Inc. as debtors' counsel to a biodiesel refining business
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Mintz serves on the board of directors for the Philadelphia Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association ("TMA") as its vice president of programming. He also actively volunteers for Compass Philadelphia, a provider of pro bono consulting services whose work benefits the Greater Philadelphia community. Additionally, he participates in Blank Rome's Holocaust Reparations Project and assists senior citizens with estate planning matters.
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring Law, listed in Chambers USA
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.