|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5540||f. +1.215.832.5540|
Joelle Epstein is a senior commercial litigation associate. Ms. Epstein counsels clients in the following areas:
- healthcare issues:
- compliance with federal and state laws and private industry requirements
- fraud and abuse
- personal injury/wrongful death
- Qui tam / False Claims Act and whistleblower litigation
- internal investigations
- business and contract disputes
- patent litigation
Ms. Epstein concentrates her practice on high-stakes, complex litigation. She participates in all aspects of litigation, including legal research and writing, fact investigation, fact and expert witness preparation for depositions and trials, representing witnesses at depositions, and development and implementation of trial strategies. Ms. Epstein is also familiar with various e-discovery issues and has managed many large electronic document reviews. Her practice incorporates many e-discovery strategies to facilitate efficient management of voluminous document databases.
Ms. Epstein focuses her pro bono practice in various immigration matters, including appearances in immigration court.
During law school, Ms. Epstein received the Eleanor Klein Merit Award, awarded to the graduating female student with the highest GPA. Ms. Epstein was also on the staff of the Southern California Law Review and a member of the school’s Immigration Clinic.
- Represented a medical device company in high-profile litigation involving multiple defendants, which culminated in a four-week jury trial.
- Involved in all aspects of ongoing healthcare litigation, requiring management of large amounts of information and documents and handling of various legal issues.
- Developed and implemented factual investigation that was part of a healthcare client’s internal investigation; participated in development of business strategy with regards to the same.
- Represented an automobile company in all aspects of pre-trial patent litigation, resulting in settlement.
- Prepared various dispositive motions for cases, including complex, first impression legal issues.
- Managed extensive document reviews from beginning to end for clients in various industries.
- Oversaw response to a government subpoena, successfully managing costs of response.
- Successfully obtained immigrant visas for various pro bono clients.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Epstein serves on the boards of her synagogue and her former high school and serves on various committees. She teaches a yearly class at a community-wide night of learning, and she also teaches classes on efficient management of electronic discovery as part of the Firm’s training programs.