|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5703||f. +1.215.832.5703|
Richard Diaz concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment law. He provides strategic advice and represents both public and private employers before federal and state courts and administrative agencies concerning virtually all aspects of labor and employment law including:
- employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation litigation
- workplace privacy
- compliance with federal and state employment statutes
- restrictive covenant issues
- reductions in force
While in law school, Mr. Diaz was note / comment editor for the Temple Law Review and recipient of the Jerry Zaslow Memorial Award. Mr. Diaz is a distinguished graduate of the Navy Surplus Corps School - Basic Course.
- Advised and counseled large distributor operating in MD, DC, and VA region during reduction in force.
- Provided compliance advice regarding federal and state employment statutes to large distributor operating in DC, VA, MD, NY, NJ, and DE.
- Obtained favorable settlement of disability and race discrimination claim by former employee against surgical practice in proceeding before state administrative agency.
- Represented employer in religious discrimination charge before the EEOC.
- Developed compliance and training programs and materials for continuing legal education programs provided to attorneys and employers.