|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3482||f. +1.424.239.3436|
Kevin O’Malley concentrates his practice in financial services and commercial lending. He primarily represents commercial banks, mezzanine and second lien lenders, equity sponsors, and other institutional lenders and borrowers in asset-based and cash flow financing transactions over several industries.
Mr. O’Malley was named a “Rising Star” by the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel.
- Agent in connection with prepetition working capital revolving credit facility and post-petition DIP financing to aeronautics company. Agent in connection with acquisition financing provided to purchaser of such company in 363 sale.
- Public company retailer in $60 million working capital revolving credit facility.
- Agent in multiple working capital facilities provided to distributors of produce and other agricultural products. Advised on issues related to PACA, PSA and California Processors Lien.
- Agent in connection with $100 million revolving credit facility to public company engaged in the design, manufacture, distribution and marketing of footwear for men, women and children, and other products utilizing specialized rubberized materials.
- Agent in connection with working capital revolving credit facility and term loan to one of the nation’s largest recyclers of major household appliances for the energy conservation programs of electric utilities.
- Former public company engaged in purchasing pools of consumer and health care receivables in financing of $160 million acquisition.
- Cellular telecommunications company in connection with Circuit City and General Motors Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Agent in connection with $50 million working capital revolving credit facility to company engaged in sale of licensed and unlicensed headphones, apparel and accessories to the extreme sports / snowboarding markets.
- Entertainment finance group of bank in all aspects of Article 9 foreclosure sale of various film properties, including related screen plays and distribution, merchandising and intellectual property rights.
- Film studio in collateralizing obligations owing to studio under Revenue Sharing Agreement with major distributor.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. O’Malley is a volunteer for School on Wheels, Inc., a nonprofit organization established to enhance educational opportunities for homeless children from kindergarten through 12th grade.