Michael P. Broadhurst
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5438||f. +1.215.832.5438|
Mike Broadhurst is a partner and business trial lawyer with extensive experience in contract and business disputes, trade secret protection, restrictive covenant enforcement and defense, real estate related litigation and professional malpractice defense.
- Successfully prosecuted multiple actions for breach of post-employment covenants, trade secret misappropriation, and unfair competition on behalf of medical device manufacturer against former employees and competing businesses securing injunctive relief and millions of dollars in recoveries.
- Represented owner of undeveloped land and obtained $12.9 million in compensation for a municipal taking in state court.
- Represented national accounting firm in tax malpractice claim in state court and in arbitration obtaining $900,000 award.
- Coordinated defense of federal enforcement actions, class actions and individual suits for violation of consumer protection statutes on behalf of national advertiser.
- Represented real estate investment trust in state court action for breach of warranty, fraud by purchaser of large commercial office buildings.
- Represented commercial tenant in breach of long-term lease for key asset and successfully defeated multiple claims for breach based on alleged merger and financial covenant violations
- Represented elected officials in federal civil rights action by owner/developer seeking damages for failure of proposed theater development, a representation that resulted Third Circuit precedent changing the standard governing such claims in the land use context.
- Represented national developer of residential homes in complex disputes in state and federal court regarding planned development’s compliance with land use and environmental regulations.
- Represented electric power generator in efforts to secure local zoning permits for construction of natural gas electrical generation station involving “spot” and “contract zoning.”
- Represented hotel and retail operators in claims for alleged violations of state and federal public accommodations statutes.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, AbbeyFest Ministries, Inc. (Chairman)(2015-2016)
- Child Advocate, Support Center for Child Advocates (2003-2016)
- Member, Tredyffrin Township Republican Committee (Chairman, 2010-2014)
- Member, Tredyffrin Township Planning Commission (2009-2012)
- Member, Tredyffrin Libraries Board of Trustees (Vice President) (2006-2009)
- 2005 Recipient, Edwin P. Rome Pro Bono Achievement Award for Commitment to pro bono service and devotion to equal justice for all.
- Member, Haverford Township Free Library Board of Trustees (2001-2003)