Steven A. Shoumer
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5756||f. +1.215.832.5756|
Steven Shoumer counsels financial institutions, private equity funds, real estate developers, institutional landlords, commercial tenants, and public companies. Mr. Shoumer concentrates his national practice in all aspects of real estate development, including advice relating to:
- term, construction, and mezzanine financing
- sales, acquisitions, and development
- commercial and retail leasing
- equity investments and joint ventures
Mr. Shoumer serves on the Firm’s Recruiting and Retention Committee, and is a member of the Firm’s Budget Committee and Technology Committee. He previously served as co-chair of the Firm’s Summer Program in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2012.
- National banking associations in connection with numerous construction and term loans.
- Real estate investment fund in the financing and acquisition of a 338-unit residential apartment complex and recreational center.
- Private equity fund in the financing of well-known gaming facility as well as other financing and real estate transactions.
- Real estate developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of large Class A office tower in New York City.
- Owner of iconic “Lipstick Building” in New York City in the restructure of existing indebtedness.
- Affordable housing developer in the rehabilitation and improvement of a senior affordable housing development in Philadelphia.
- Publicly traded real estate investment trust in connection with the leasing of a prominent retail shopping center.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Shoumer is active in the community. He serves on the board of directors for Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (“VIP”) and Ryan’s Case for Smiles.
- 2005-2016, “Rising Star,” listed in Philadelphia Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.