|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5673||f. +1.215.832.5673|
Tara La Fiura represents public and private sector employers before federal and state courts and governmental agencies with respect to all aspects of labor and employment law including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the National Labor Relations Act. Ms. La Fiura’s practice also focuses on representing, training and counseling employers on a variety of employment and labor issues including:
- discrimination and harassment matters
- wage and hour compliance
- union avoidance
- collective bargaining and labor arbitrations
- unfair labor practices
- restrictive covenant issues
- drafting and negotiating employment and severance agreements
- administration of personnel policies
- litigation avoidance strategies
- affirmative action compliance
While in law school, Ms. La Fiura served as the symposium editor of the Villanova Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Ms La Fiura was also the recipient of the Wapner, Newman & Wigrizer Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy and the Dorothy Day Award for Pro Bono Service.
Ms. La Fiura serves on the Firm’s Recruiting and Retention Committee.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 wire and cable manufacturing company in defeating a union organizing campaign.
- Successfully represented a public company in defeating a state age discrimination claim at the summary judgment stage.
- Negotiated initial collective bargaining agreement on behalf of a data center services provider.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. La Fiura is a member of the Board of Directors for Catholic Social Services and serves as the Chair of the Community-Based Services Committee for Catholic Social Services. Ms. La Fiura also serves as a member of the Tredyffrin Township Zoning Hearing Board.