Lawrence S. Chane
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5721||f. +1.215.832.5721|
CHAIR, TAX, BENEFITS, AND PRIVATE CLIENT PRACTICE GROUP
Lawrence Chane concentrates his practice in the areas of estate and tax planning, primarily for owners of closely held businesses, executives, and professionals. In this capacity, he advises his clients on the federal, state, and local tax issues that affect them and their businesses and the transfer of wealth from one generation to another. He provides advice and counsel on sophisticated estate and income tax planning techniques involving:
- life insurance
- generation skipping
- succession planning
- planned charitable giving
Mr. Chane is a fellow of The
Mr. Chane has appeared on CNBC and has been quoted in publications including TIME and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance on tax and estate planning issues.
Gift and Estate Planning Techniques:
- Represented an individual business owner in planning and creation of a series of grantor-retained annuity trusts prior to sale of significant family-owned business.
- Planned and created generation-skipping dynasty trust prior to initial public offering of closely held company for an individual business owner.
- Planned and implemented a family limited partnership funded with investment assets for an individual client.
- Planned and implemented a sale of assets to an intentionally defective grantor trust for an individual client.
- Created and funded a private foundation and charitable lead trust for a charitably inclined client, resulting in income and estate tax savings.
- Implemented a plan to shift ownership to children including buy-sell, employment, deferred compensation and stock bonus agreements for an individual business owner.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Chane is actively involved in several community organizations. He has served as vice president of the Auerbach Central Agency for Jewish Education, secretary of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Endowments Corporation and chair of the Jewish Federation’s Estate Planners’ Advisory Committee in
- AV Preeminent®, listed in Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2012-2017, Trusts and Estates in Philadelphia, listed in The Best Lawyers in America©
- 2016, Edward N. Polisher Award, presented by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.