|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5641||f. +1.215.940.7938|
Sophia Lee concentrates her litigation practice in the energy industry, handling commercial, environmental, products liability, and toxic tort matters.
Ms. Lee has experience managing a national docket of over 500 toxic tort matters, including asbestos, benzene, silica, and NORM, while monitoring case development, litigation, and scientific trends; managing government investigations and inquiries; and developing litigation and information management policies and best practices, including e-discovery protocols.
Prior to rejoining Blank Rome, Ms. Lee served as chief litigation counsel at Sunoco, Inc., and in the litigation department of an Am Law 100 firm. She also held an adjunct assistant professorship at Temple University’s School of Tourism and Hospitality Management affiliated with the Fox School of Business.
Ms. Lee served as a federal judicial law clerk to the late Honorable James McGirr Kelly, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and as an intern in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During law school, she served as a federal judicial clerkship clinical intern to the Honorable Jerome B. Simandle, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey, and as a member of the Temple Law Review and the Moot Court Honor Society.
Ms. Lee is a frequent lecturer and CLE faculty presenter on matters concerning litigation management and best practices, e-discovery and information management, professional responsibility and ethics, trial advocacy skills, substantive legal issues, and diversity and inclusion in the legal profession for various legal associations, organizations, law schools, and law firms.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Lee is active in Philadelphia’s civic and charitable communities, serving as vice-chair of the Mayor’s Commission on Asian American Affairs and board chair of the Asian Arts Initiative. She also serves on the boards of Philadelphians for Modern Courts, the Philadelphia Education Fund, and the Women’s Law Project.
In addition, she is involved in numerous legal associations, including the:
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, recently serving as its litigation committee co-chair;
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania, previously serving as its president;
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, as a senior hearing committee member;
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, previously serving as its northeast regional governor and as co-chair of its litigation committee;
- Philadelphia Bar Association, as diversity chair, Professional Guidance Committee member, and In-House Counsel Committee co-chair, as well as previous other committee and board positions;
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group, as a board member and previous co-president; and
- Temple Law Alumni Association, as an executive committee member.
- 2015, “Diverse Attorney of the Year” by The Legal Intelligencer
- 2014, “Remarkable Woman Award” by Pepper Hamilton’s Women’s Initiative
- 2014, “Diversity Leadership Award” by the Temple Law Alumni Association
- 2013, “Corporate Counsel Award (Judge’s Choice)” by the Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2011, “Outstanding Community Service Award” by the Association of Corporate Counsel, Delaware Valley Chapter
- 2010, “Minority Business Leader Award” by the Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2008, “Best Lawyers Under 40” by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- 2007–2008, “Pennsylvania Rising Star” by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- 2006, “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.