|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5715||f. +1.215.832.5715|
Arthur Bachman advises clients in all industries regarding issues concerning employee benefits. He has substantial experience counseling clients in connection with:
- 401(k) plans
- retirement plans including defined benefit plans and cash balance plans
- ERISA litigation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- venture capital operating companies
- real estate operating companies
- fiduciary responsibilities
- "top hat" plans
- withdrawal liability relating to union pension funds
- IRS and Department of Labor audits including correction programs
- cafeteria plans
- welfare plans
- employee benefit plans in connection with mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcies and private equity investments
Before entering private practice, Mr. Bachman served as an attorney/advisor for the Legislation and Regulations Division of the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel where he wrote portions of ERISA. Mr. Bachman co-wrote a chapter and supplements in ERISA: A Comprehensive Guide (John Wiley & Sons). He has published numerous articles and is a frequent speaker at employee benefit events.
Mr. Bachman has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Real estate investment advisory fund in its $1.7 billion acquisition of a publicly traded REIT which owns 137 office buildings in more than 25 office projects in a dozen metropolitan areas across the United States.
- ERP software provider in its acquisition of a third-party support service provider.
- Consumer and commercial banking services provider in its acquisition of a bank, which brought together two $1 billion bank holding companies and created one of the largest bank holding companies in central Pennsylvania.
- Financial services software provider in the acquisition of numerous companies and in all aspects of its benefit plans for its employees.
- Insurance commissioner in the liquidation of a large insurance company.
- Creditors' committees in bankruptcy cases.
- Prepared plans and related documents as well as provided compliance advice to national brokerage companies and mutual fund companies.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Bachman is president of the board of directors of the Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia. He is president of the executive board of his condo association.