|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5715||f. +1.215.832.5715|
Arthur Bachman advises clients in all industries regarding issues concerning employee benefits. He has substantial experience counseling clients in connection with:
- 401(k) plans
- retirement plans including defined benefit plans and cash balance plans
- ERISA litigation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- venture capital operating companies
- real estate operating companies
- fiduciary responsibilities
- "top hat" plans
- withdrawal liability relating to union pension funds
- IRS and Department of Labor audits including correction programs
- cafeteria plans
- welfare plans
- employee benefit plans in connection with mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcies and private equity investments
Before entering private practice, Mr. Bachman served as an attorney/advisor for the Legislation and Regulations Division of the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel where he wrote portions of ERISA. Mr. Bachman co-wrote a chapter and supplements in ERISA: A Comprehensive Guide (John Wiley & Sons). He has published numerous articles and is a frequent speaker at employee benefit events.
Mr. Bachman has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Real estate investment advisory fund in its $1.7 billion acquisition of a publicly traded REIT which owns 137 office buildings in more than 25 office projects in a dozen metropolitan areas across the United States.
- ERP software provider in its acquisition of a third-party support service provider.
- Consumer and commercial banking services provider in its acquisition of a bank, which brought together two $1 billion bank holding companies and created one of the largest bank holding companies in central Pennsylvania.
- Financial services software provider in the acquisition of numerous companies and in all aspects of its benefit plans for its employees.
- Insurance commissioner in the liquidation of a large insurance company.
- Creditors' committees in bankruptcy cases.
- Prepared plans and related documents as well as provided compliance advice to national brokerage companies and mutual fund companies.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Bachman is a member of the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries of which he is immediate president of the board of Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia and Chairman of the Meetings Committee. He is president of the executive board of his condo association.